Thursday, June 30, 2011

Swanky Swigs


Yesterday, Sierra and I ventured outside of the city to find vintage wares for our upcoming events. While we are extremely focused on the job at at hand, it is sometimes hard to resist things we come across in our travels that are more for personal use than professional. Enter 'Swanky Swigs.' These cute little juice(I use them for wine too) glasses caught my eye. On further inquiry I found out that they have a fun history. These glasses are called Swanky Swigs by collectors. Beginning in the Depression-era and continuing into the late 50's these little glasses were packed with Kraft cheese products and then kept as glasses. There is a plethora of different designs. I am particularly fond of the floral ones, of course, and can't wait to use them at my next dinner party.

No comments:

Post a Comment